[T3] Turn Key Type 3 1600 For Sale (Colorado)

Adam Douglass one4house at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 3 11:54:04 PST 2014

jim,

If you look at this thread about 5 post down....

http://www.shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=120054

Nate M. of Air Cooled Tech out of Washington has posted up a handy little PDF of a metal plate you have cut out. Then you take a type 3 fan and chop the nose of it off. Lastly, you weld the two together and bolt it to the stock type 4 fan shroud. This allows you to run a sealed type 3 bellows attached to a stock type 4 fan shroud. It is a fairly simple and ingenious idea.

I have the adapter plate in the picture being cut out here at work. I need to locate another shroud or use the bellows on my car to make the part that I am going to add to this piece. It is pretty slick..

Adam

On Monday, February 3, 2014 7:45 AM, Jim Adney <jadney at vwtype3.org> wrote:

On 3 Feb 2014 at 0:51, Adam Douglass wrote:

> Because of this I will be selling the engine in my car compete minus
> the fan shroud. I will need the shroud for the type 4 conversion.

How are you planning to make that shroud work with the Type 4 engine
and alternator?

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org