[T3] Turn Key Type 3 1600 For Sale (Colorado)

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Mon Feb 3 18:07:46 PST 2014

Yes, learn from all the things I learned the hard way!  The thing is that
people often throw and old cheaply built engine in there and it seems to run
great, but it only lasts 30Kmi if that and the costs of rebuilding a T4 are
astronomical now, iF you can get the parts.  You never hear the END story
when the engine quits 3 years later.

Jake Raby does T4 for a living and KNOWS all the pitfalls, he doesn't know
everything especially T3 related but there is a lot to learn and a lot of it
I had to learn independently.

For instance, my lifters never rotated in the bore, WHY?  Nobody knows!
Standard solid lifters, no case problems matched new lifters and cam....
They didn't lunch but they wouldn't have lasted all that long... new cam and
lifters  $500!

You cant get the bearings for an align bored case anymore either...

So many issues!  Read thru the archives if you can, I posted on a lot of
this, I had the engine in there from 2009 - 2010 or so, should be in the
archives.

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com