[T3] Southeast Invasion Caravan

Marion McDonald mmmpwm at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 14 17:06:06 PST 2014

My spouse and I, along with Glen and Janice Fafara, plan to caravan to the
Invasion from Atlanta.  Anyone in the southeast or along the route is
welcome to join us.  We both plan to trailer our cars so we will not be
traveling fast.  Our plans are to leave the Atlanta area from the Mall of
Georgia (Ga. Hwy 20 at I-85) at 8:00 am on Wednesday, June 18.  We will
travel 500 miles on I-85, I-77, and I-81 to the Hampton Inn in Harrisonburg,
Virginia, arriving at approximately 5:00 pm.   We will leave Harrisonburg at
8:00 am on Thursday morning, June 19 and travel 450 miles on I-81, US-22,
US-11/15 (Williamsport), I-86 (Corning), I-390, and I-90 to the host motel
in Victor, NY, arriving late in the afternoon.

Any of you who are on the fence about attending should seriously consider
it.  We had the good fortune last June to visit with the Invasion hosts,
Dave and Gail Pallo, and they gave us a tour of the Invasion site and
facilities.  They have spent many days since the last Invasion lining up the
event sites and motel for this Invasion and they have planned a great
event.  Even if you do not think your car is worthy of the long journey, you
are welcome to attend in a daily driver.  We did this at the Oregon and
Colorado Invasions and we had a great time.  You can ride with me or one of
the other T3 attendees on cruises or bring up the rear in your car.  If you
are a serious T3 owner, just meeting the folks on the T3 list is worth the
trip.  Please communicate with me if you have any questions or if you plan
to caravan with us.

I plan to post this message on the Samba also.

Marion McDonald
Lawrenceville, GA
60 T1
65 T1