[T3] Type 3 VS Type 4 Final Drive

Adam Douglass one4house at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 13 17:00:30 PST 2014

Here is what I have. When I started it there was a constant grinding. Nothing overly loud....Just like it hadn't fallen into gear. This happens in every gear. It never seems to fall in or want to move. I decided to read over the shift cable adjustment instructions again.

In those instructions it states;

1 loosen the cable
2 push the shift lever to the back of the car as far as you can
3 let the transmission park-brake engage by letting the car roll forward
4 tighten the cable with the park break engaged

The wife got home and I loosened the cable, pushed the shift lever back and rolled the car a full revolution of the tire. The transmission park brake never engaged. Something is not right. If I can't get the park brake to fall in then I cannot tighten the cable at the proper spot.

Any suggestions?

Adam