[T3] Type 3 VS Type 4 Final Drive

Adam Douglass one4house at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 14 05:21:06 PST 2014

I dropped the engine last night. The transmission must have suffered a failure when everything happened. When you spin the pump shaft you can feel it skipping over teeth. Something inside the auto unit is broken.

I have the other auto unit sitting on the floor, but it was supposed to be slipping in first gear. Not to mention that it was dropped in shipping somewhere along the line and bent the shift lever into the case. At least I have very little money into it.

Looks like I am in the market for another complete automatic transmission. I am going to follow a couple of leads I let die before I got the one I have now.