[T3] Kickdown solenoid

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun Jan 19 08:57:49 PST 2014

In a message dated 1/19/2014 9:04:14 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
one4house at yahoo.com writes:

It is finally alive! It took 3 transmissions to make one (the last  of
which was bought with a custom bullet hole), but it works better than it  ever.
Shifting is better. It downshifts with the stroke of the gas. I'm a  happy
man.

What do those of you running carbs do with the kickdown  plug on the side
of the tranny? Just leave it uncovered? Mine downshifts fine.  And I don't
have a kickdown switch by the throttle. I was just curious.

Did you find the slug? ;-)

Since you have Weber carbs, you'll have to fabricate a bracket, and then
add a momentary type of switch IF you really want to add a kickdown switch.
On Solex carbed type 3s, VW had a special pivot bracket that mounted  the
switch, and was activated at wide open throttle (spring loaded).

Bob  65 Notch S w/Sunroof and IRS aka Krusty
64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71  Square-vert under  construction