[T3] While the engine is out ...

Jacob Adam Schroeder jacob.schroeder at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 10:25:31 PST 2014

So I'm going to take the collective advice and pull my engine to install
the thermostat / flaps / linkage.  I'm currently trying to secure the parts
needed (right now, I only have a thermostat and a jammed set of flaps).

Is there anything else I should plan on doing and/or checking once I have
the engine out?  Clearances I should measure?  Should I pull the heads and
inspect my valves (recall my exhaust valves were zero clearance on my last
check)?  Should I try to get my original type 3 heads ready to swap on in
place of the generic type 1 heads (with drilled FI temp sensor) that I'm
currently running?

I would love to do a full rebuild because it would be fun and I'm sure I
could do a better job than my 15-year-younger-self, but I think that's a
bit overkill at this point since I'm not really having any issues (that I
currently know of).  Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Jacob
'72 FI Squareback