[T3] Losing Power?

John L. Morgan IV emailjohnmorgan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 02:18:16 PST 2014

Recently, my uncle has needed a car, so I loaned him my
1970, FB. I told him to take it in for oil, shocks, brakes, and
he did so, but when I spoke with him last night about the tune up,
he said that the reputable VW mechanic said that the points were
bad and that a cylinder might be freezing up, but it was okay to drive?!

Mind you, it has been running fine!
My uncle now reports that the car seems to lose power as it
cruises down the road. He described it like the engine is no longer
pushing the car.

It is going back in today or tomorrow, but does this sound like a points
issue?
The mechanic could say it is the messed up cylinder, but it has been
running so well...? Thanks for any help.

John Morgan