[T3] Front End Shakes

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Mon Jun 9 10:42:02 PDT 2014

If the upper torsion arms need adjusting, you can usually feel that with the
weight on the wheels.  Pull the top of the tyre strongly outwards and then
push it back.  If there's obvious movement, it can usually be adjusted out,
but you may need to check the bar is properly held by the locating screw in
the dimple.

If that's all OK, is the steering damper bush OK?  That can be the problem
too, and of course, it's possible the damper has leaked its oil.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club