[T3] FI Dizzy for Carbs

Craigs List craigslistcsprings at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 06:48:34 PDT 2014

I'm back.......

Mr Welton and I were discussing distributors last night. As of yesterday I
got the new Dell 36's going on my squareback. Although they run better,I
still have the stumble off of the line and a stumble at low rpm
accreditation.

When looking at the numbers on my dizzy I finally realized that I have a fi
svda distributor. (Thanks Max) I was wondering what the differences between
the fi distributor and a dizzy for carbs are? Is the curve different? Would
funding a distributor designed for carbs help a lot, a little or would it
be a waste of time?

My current distributor is a 311 905 205 L. The charts say this is a svda
off of a 1969 fi type 3. Through the recommendation of Mr. Welton, I gave
it a little timing yesterday and this indeed helped.  I was short of time,
so I just gave it a 1/4" counter clockwise turn to see what would happen.
Today or tomorrow I am going to break out the gun and see where I am
exactly. Timing instructions for this one are 0* at idle with the vacuum
can capped.

Any more pointers from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

Adam