[T3] Frozen Drivers Seat Slide

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 23 15:38:35 PDT 2014

Re: Previous postings about how to get driver's seat to slide...to remove to get at rust job on floor underneath:   (71 Sqbk)  Rust holes in floor let moisture and grit into the slide area, apparently, making the seat un-moveable...so far.

Being away from home, I haven't looked into my VW manual about "lubrication and maintenance", BUT, closer inspection of the seat slide area...in this case, between the door bump and the seat (where your loose change and dust crud ends up) there are two holes, about pencil diameter size.  Hadn't noticed before.

Guess is that those two holes are for lubrication...to oil that slide once in a while. So...bingo...that must be where to flood the area with CRC, WD 40, or Liquid Wrench or something to loosen things up.  It's impossible to apply any of those things from underneath.   On target here?
I wonder if that topic is in the manual.

PS:  LPS-3, a Heavy Duty rust neutralizer recommended here, seems to be unknown and unavailable in Philadelphia, at least. Auto Body shops AND auto body supply shops never heard of it.    But it's at Amazon for about $20 (USD) for just 11 ounces.  Is LPS-3 something easier found in the UK or Canada or something?