[T3] Stick Shift Issues

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Sun May 11 19:09:48 PDT 2014

Thanks so much.
I tried lifting my car today.  I was under it and found two small plates
under the pans, one near the front that I could see under, which had
something that was unlike what I think the coupling is supposed to look
like.
The second one was near the middle-rear.
Is that the one I'm supposed to take off?  There was a bolt or something in
the middle.  I'm not sure.  I'll be able to go back tomorrow and look at it
again.  I was afraid that I would mess up something and didn't take anything
off except the car off of the jack stands.
Should have taken pictures, but I didn't think too.
It's the one at the middle-rear underneath, right? I'll actually take it off
tomorrow and try to get this to work. As my only car, it doesn't help when I
can't use it.

I'll take that off tomorrow and see if I can't get everything straightened
out.
Thanks again.
Update tomorrow.

Jaz Jarzewiak
1967 Squareback "Scone"

It's the plate in the middle at the rear of the pan where the shifter rod
hooks up at the nose of the trans with the couplins.  Do you have a Bentley?
I know the brown one tells you where all this is but I guess since you have
a 67 you may have the blue one and I'm not sure what they say. If you still
can't find it I can put mine on the rack at the school and text you a photo
of the one on mine so you can know for sure.

Dennis Stiefel
72 Fastback FI MT
71 STD. Beetle
67 Ford F-100 (hart of Crown Vic)