[T3] Dual Carb Shift Vacuum

Craigs List craigslistcsprings at gmail.com
Wed May 14 17:46:15 PDT 2014

Guys,

I have a little bit of an update. I decided to dive into drilling and
tapping all 4 manifold ports today. After work I got the passenger side
manifold drilled and tapped. I will finish the drivers' side manifold
sometime next week. I have few plans over the next few days that will keep
me from finishing.

I went on a test drive with just the one manifold ported with BOTH
cylinders tapped. You  can tell that it has helped quite a bit. With the
erratic vacuum signal that I was getting with only the one cylinder tapped,
it would downshift hard when you were coming to a stop. Just porting the
second cylinder on that side has taken that away. It rolls to a stop and
downshifts like it should. It is almost unnoticeable.

It sill does not want to shift into third, but it does shift a lot smother.
I can't wait to get the other side tapped and a balance tube ran. I am
happy with what it did so far. I will let the pictures do the talking.

In this first picture, you can get a feel for what I wanted to do. I could
not think of a way to get this to work,.

http://one4house.com/images/manifold6.jpg

Because of room constraints and such, I decided to go with the setup you
see below. It ended up working out great.

http://one4house.com/images/manifold1.jpg

http://one4house.com/images/manifold2.jpg

These last 3 pictures are the manifold bolted into place before I put the
carb back on.

http://one4house.com/images/manifold3.jpg

http://one4house.com/images/manifold4.jpg

http://one4house.com/images/manifold5.jpg

I will post some more pictures next week when I get the other side done.

Adam