[T3] distributor

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sat Nov 1 21:00:53 PDT 2014

In a message dated 11/1/2014 7:18:26 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
fiestacranberry at gmail.com writes:

So, The  Baroness is basically done.  Only thing holding it up is  the
distributor.  Right now, I've got an 009 in there, which Lloyd put  in when
we switched to carbs.  If I remember correctly, he could not  fit the old
one with the vacuum can in the spot anymore.  Jason wants  to put back a
vacuum advance dist,  Is this necessary?  Will it  improve performance
enough to be worthwhile?  The B. is an  automatic.

Lori

Yes, it'll make a difference. I like either the 043 or is it 034?  SVDA
(I've heard it called by either set of numbers), or the 311 905 205 L or  even
the 205 AB. The last 2 are type 3 FI distributors, and the advance  curve of
either one is much better than the 009.
I've ran all of the distributors listed above in an MT car. And  I've ran
the 009 with dual carbs and AT  before. While it works, it does  leave
something to be desired. I've also used the SVDA with AT before, and it  seemed to
be much better than the 009.
However, for AT cars, I actually prefer FI with them, as it seems so  much
better matched.

Bob 65 Notch  with Sunroof