[T3] frontwheel bearings

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Wed Oct 1 08:08:13 PDT 2014

In a message dated 10/1/2014 7:38:00 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
fisherfarms at gmail.com writes:

Bobnotch  knows the differences between years, but even he might not have
part  numbers.  You should have kept your old bearings to mic/compare at  a
Timkens/Bearings Inc etc.

I don't have the part numbers either Mike. My main computer is down  for
service, and I'm using my back up.

About the only thing I can think of that might cause a "loose wheel
bearing feel", might be a bearing race that wasn't completely seated in the
rotor, and now has moved some more. I only say that, as VW changed the inner
bearing and race size in 68, and kept it that size thru 73. The outer bearing
and race didn't change thru the years (stayed the same).
I hope this helps.

Bob 65 Notch  with Sunroof