[T3] Tow my T3 update

Tim Keohane rheorojo at frontier.com
Sat Oct 25 07:43:17 PDT 2014

Thanks Jim sounds like you had an enjoyable trip.
I found the kick down solenoid wired direct to the + side of the distributer. Removed that and kick down issues quit. I found and installed a good switch and it is working as expected, kicks down when accelerated flat or up hill.
I adjusted and greased the torsion arms (twice) and that problem solved. I have a lower ball joint with a torn rubber boot, and now have a replacement for it. I will install it and get the front alignment checked/adjusted.
As I said earlier the car feels like 1000 pounds was removed, as it is responsive and light on the accelerator.
The steering feels like the front end only weighs 100 pounds.

I have 3 wires that were attached to the broken kick down switch that I am now tracing to see where they should attach. The engine runs well but not quite right. I'm thinking a sensor and or mis connected wire.
The pressor sensor has been monkeyed with, so I'd like to ship it off to you for adjustment if thats O K. The small center screw is the only one exposed.

1st tank of gas and appears as though the mileage has improved. A few more will confirm/deny my fantasies/hopes.
Tim--- 73 FI auto