[T3] (no subject)

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Oct 26 19:15:14 PDT 2014

On 26 Oct 2014 at 23:57, J. Jonik wrote:

> Thing is....though I got car started, I don't know why.   And I don't
> know why it cut out and stalled in the first place...with some
> previous hesitations while driving, and that suspicious radio
> static.Slightly undercharged battery wouldn't cause the car to stall
> out like that, I don't think.

Your car wouldn't start because there was a poor connection at or
near the battery. When you removed and replaced the battery, you
changed this connection and now it's better. The bad connection could
be 0.1 Ohm or less; it doesn't take much to cause a problem when
you're trying to draw 50-100 amps.

> And now I don't know the check list to go through to find why Gen.
> Light stays on.  I'll see what the "idiot" book has to say when I get
> back to the car. And horn still doesn't work.  I keep thinking I did
> something wrong under steering wheel when trying to get horn working
> right.   (It was honking when I hit certain bumps on the road.)
> Something shorted?  Something draining battery a bit when parked
> overnight?

I'll send you my faq on how to check your charging system. Start
there. Don't let yourself get sidetracked into other problems until
you fix this one.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org