[T3] Tow my T3 update

Tim Keohane rheorojo at frontier.com
Tue Oct 7 23:07:38 PDT 2014

I found ( actually Nate had one ) a used transmission and installed it. My luck and Nate's astute judgement from 10 years back the car is up and running well. Feels like 1000 pounds was removed from the car. Plenty of pep and accelerates up hills like I remember. No stumbling or struggling.
Once that was addressed the 2 or 3 tries to start was examined. Found out my intake air pressure sensor would develop a vacuum but would lose it within 10-15 seconds. I just replaced it tonight and will give it a go in the morning. Maybe that is a source for lack of economy. 20-22 mpg. We used to get 28 +
Another irritation is the kick down switch. It's broken. We can't keep it in 3rd gear ( auto tranny) at 45. Wants to shift up/down/up/down. We have to accelerate to 50 + then it will stay in 3rd.

Question: can I remove the kick down switch ( electrically ) and have it run better/more consistently? No up/down/up/down shifting at certain speeds. 1st to 2nd is more tolerable for posted speeds here.

I just noticed my front tires also have some side movement. I'm watching that thread and will raise the front in a day or so. I hope it's just a ball joint.

Cheers and Happy Driving
Tim