[T3] Horn Problem...etc.

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 18 22:07:36 PDT 2014

Yes, the third fuse from the right ((71 T III) had invisible break.  It was a white fuse. Replaced with another white fuse.   Horn didn't start working but the Turn Signals did..which they hadn't before.
  Who knows which of my half-dozen spar horn actually work?
Then....attempting to drive 7 miles to girlfriend's house, got static on the radio, still persistent acceleration hesitation, and turn signals didn't work.
   Is all that clue to why, after a few miles, car would not accelerate, both oil and gen red lights went on, and car died?    Trying to start got zero effects. No cranking. Nothing.
Could that insane revving have damaged starter and/or solenoid?  (I have spares in the collection.)   Battery checks out at top "good".  Maybe Voltage Regulator?

  It's easy to fix or replace anything....but not so ease to diagnose.

This is all after last week's  HUGE, insane, Revving of the engine by a muffler shop worker...blowing soot out of muffler.    After that, car's never been the same.    Good idle, but really irregular acceleration.   And now it's stuck miles from my house.    No clue to where to start fixing or replacing something(s);
Generator Brushes seem a tad short. If too short, could that account for A) Radio static, or B) worse?

  7. Re: Horn Problem (Dave Hall)

Message: 1