[T3] 2016 Invasion Location

Adriel Rowley adriel_rowley at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 15 12:27:08 PDT 2014

> From: kensue356 at cableone.net
> To: type3 at vwtype3.org
> Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 12:50:28 -0700
> Subject: Re: [T3] 2016 Invasion Location
>
> I live in Prescott, Az that is only 80 mile from Flagstaff.

I am about four hours from you, I.R.R.C..

> 1. June is not hot in Northern Az. A truly perfect time to have the T3
> invasion. Flagstaff is at 7-8 thousand feet.

TheSamba mentions having the possibility of having the window all the way into August. That mean monsoon season, which can be nice, but as y'all have seen, can cause issues. Rather shorten the window to mid July. Ken, is that a good idea?

> 2. I HIGHLY recommend staying at KOA flagstaff. I have been there 7 years
> in a row. I go for a week at a time. They have about 6 tepees to sleep in
> and some cabins. The shade of the tall Ponderosa pines there are cool and
> shady.
>
> 3. This is the place where Janyel is the campground manager/host and has
> put on 7 annual VW bus events, called High Altitude Bus Event every July.
> Janyel is truly a total Vw Nut. Hundreds of VW's come from all over. This
> place is most agreeable by all in attendance. It is on the main drag
> Highway 89, north of Flagstaff but still in town. The camping facilities
> there are excellent.

Good! KOA can be pricy, but that looks like work well, especially considering the owner. ;)

I believe it was the Best Western we stayed at, which has A.A.A.. I was a teenager and found the sign not to drink out of the toilet funny.

> 4. I would be willing to donate my services.
>
> 5. I could get a hold of other VW T3 owners around Az. Give me a list of the
> locals. I will call, email, post on sites for assistance.

Since you have, I will join so as can be in Arizona! I know of at least a few places depending on the location.

As for locals, I never seen any type 3s down here on the road, only on Craigslist... How many do we really need to sort this out?

So for tasks, still need to come up with the food place(s) and things to do.

> Think about having it in Prescott Az. I can tell you a lot
> about this mile high city as well. But it will be warmer than Flagstaff.

Well, think most folks are set on Flagstaff. Though I have no opinion, so long as in Arizona! :D

John, how are we to keep things strait when there is two threads running in two places?

Thank you so very much!
Adriel