[T3] '72 FI into a '71

Adriel Rowley adriel_rowley at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 21 15:11:33 PDT 2014

If, and only if, you have all the F.I. parts, you will be fine. There is basically no difference in parts or wiring forward of the firewall. You were over on theSamba and some fellow hijacked and was encouraged to do so, right? Squareback, right? If so, I would say easier, as you can use the load floor to lay out the harness and components. Most logical is start at the E.C.U. and install the E version. The C/D might still be there. The harness at the plug has wire numbers which are on the wiring diagram. That should help you know what goes where. Next be the M.P.S. mounted on the left under the floor, which also might have the C version still there. Then so forth on down the line.

As for the engine, does it have the breather hoses on the heads? If so, takes a different air cleaner and engine vent system with two plugs. Really no issue with comparability to the body as a separate emissions system.

Memory is a little foggy, but hopefully helps...'
Adriel

1971 Sunroof Squareback with F.I. - In the Process of Being Dog Wgn 2
1985 Mercedes-Benz 300TD-T - Dog Wgn
Master's Student, A.S.U., living in north central Mesa, AZ