[T3] FW: 2016 Invasion Location

Ken Main Mail kensue356 at cableone.net
Sun Sep 14 13:16:19 PDT 2014

Hello John,  Is the invasion 2015 or 2016?

Haven't talked to anybody for a while on the T3 site. I just have been
reading from it.

I live in Prescott, Az that is only 80 miles from Flagstaff.

1. June is not hot in Northern Az. A truly perfect time to have the T3
invasion.  Flagstaff is at 7-8 thousand feet.

2.  I HIGHLY recommend staying at KOA Flagstaff. I have been there 7 years
in a row. I go for a week at a time. It is the best place to stay. They have
about 6 tepees to sleep in
and some cabins spread around. The tall Ponderosa pines there are cool and
shady. They also have a large enclosed indoor area for shelter.

3.  This is the place where Janyel is the campground manager/host and has
put on 7 annual VW bus events, called High Altitude Bus Event every July.
Janyel is truly a total VW Nut.  Hundreds of VW's come from all over.  This
place is most agreeable by all in attendance.  It is on the main drag
Highway 89, north of Flagstaff but still in town.  The camping facilities
there are excellent. 5 star.  Hotels/ motels are nearby.  Don't forget Route
66 goes right through town.

4. I would be willing to donate my services and help host this event.

5. I could get a hold of other VW T3 owners around Az. Give me a list of the
locals.  I will call, email, post on sites for assistance.

                                                         OR

              Think about having it in Prescott Az.  I can tell you a lot
about this mile high city as well. But it will be warmer than Flagstaff.
This is a very beautiful area with Sedona close by.

Ken Rogers
(928) 759-2862

---