[T3] frontwheel bearings

Ken Main Mail kensue356 at cableone.net
Sun Sep 28 16:21:19 PDT 2014

Are there correct front wheel bearings to buy for the 71 vw type 3?  I grab
the tire and shake back it and forth in and out.  I wobble them.   It feels
like the bearings are loose.  I tighten up the bearings per spec and still
clunk, very loose.  I am wondering if I have wrong bearings.  It feel like
the inners on both wheels are sloppy..  I don't see the play on the outer
bearings.   All New wheel bearings inners and outers,  upper and lower ball
joints, steering gear box, inner/outer tie rods, steering damper, and
alignment.  The whole front is rebuilt.  It is at both wheels itself.

What could be loose?  What is the correct bearings?  What brand to buy?
This is what I have.

Kenny Rogers in Prescott, Az.

---