[T3] Part Number Info Needed

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Jun 21 14:33:25 PDT 2015

On 21 Jun 2015 at 12:05, Craigs List wrote:

> 311 906 061
>
> Is this the correct part number for a blinker relay? My blinkers are going
> through one of these and it went out today. My car is converted to 12v and
> I thunk this might be a 6v relay.
>
> The info I find online says 311 906 061c is an option on this relay, but
> this one is 311 906 061 without the C.
>
> What relay do I need if this is not the right one?

There were several different versions used in different years. Is
yours one of the ones with about a dozen terminals? If so, that's one
you REALLY didn't want to burn out on 12 V. There are 12 V versions
with a lot of terminals and then there are later 12 V ones with 3 or
4 terminals, plus even later 12 V ones that have 3 terminals and plug
into the late fuse box.

I don't know much about the ones with many terminals. I hear they are
really expensive and hard to find. Someone else may have better info.

I don't know if it's reasonably possible to rewire your car to use
the 3-4 terminal styles that are cheap and readily available.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org