[T3] brake parts

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Thu May 7 08:07:34 PDT 2015

I suggest you put up with it for a few journeys and see if it clears the
rust itself. If the slight drag you've noticed on the brakes is simply the
linings rubbing on the rusty area, it may well polish up on its own.  Keep a
check for excess heat being generated, as Jim has already mentioned. Like
the others who've replied, I've not had any of my Type 3s develop warped
drums.

Obviously the proper job is to remove the drums and clean them off, and you
may have to resort to that if it doesn't improve.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club