[T3] Today's questions

Brent Bottolfson brent at bottolfson.net
Tue May 19 15:23:36 PDT 2015

There are torsion bars in the beam for each side that have both inner
and outer splines on them.  The number of splines on each end are
different making the ride height infinitely adjustable.  Re-indexing
these splines can raise or lower the ride height.  You can only lower it
so much before you run into issues needing shorter shocks.  Most say 2
splines max.  The lower you go also increases the chance you'll ride on
the bump stop which would lead to an unpleasant ride.

I recommend you take a look on Amazon for the brown Bentley manual for
these cars.  It has very good pictures and descriptions.  Note there is
a special tool used for height adjustments, but you can get by with an
angle finder.

-Brent