[T3] 66 Squareback Now Mine

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon May 25 09:02:47 PDT 2015

On 25 May 2015 at 9:50, Craigs List wrote:

> My VW adventures begin again. I will writeup how I found it and such a
> little later. I am still a little worn out from my travels to the Austin /
> Kyle / Killeen area to visit old friends and find myself a car.
>
> Long story short, I found me a patina cruiser, mechanically sound, with a
> lot of character and the perfect daily driver. You can see some pictures
> here.
>
> http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=628092

Wow, looks really clean. I can't believe how beautiful everything
that hasn't seen sun looks. Rusty is anything but rusty. At first I
thought the engine looked rebuilt because of the shiny pushrod tubes,
but in a later photo I could see that they appear to be the
collapsible pushrod tubes, that you can install without removing the
heads. Engine looks clean and OG. Nice!

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org