[T3] Trouble home from Bugorama

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Thu Nov 5 17:41:09 PST 2015

The photos of the plugs as well as the deposits in the heads show just how
rich it was running - even the least sooty no. 1 is over-rich not the pale
colour it should be. Obviously with a sick engine, it wasn't running well,
but there's more wrong than just the burnt valve.

What plug gap do you use?  The ones I can see look wider than I would
expect.  The old photos (eg no. 23) taken before engine rebuild show much
more suitable colour on the plugs.

Dave
UK VW Type 3&4 Club