[T3] DOT 5 and brake light switches

Soren Jacobsen snj at blef.org
Fri Nov 6 02:59:43 PST 2015

On 11/05 18:01, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> If this is the case, then you might want to look into going with a
> "non-stock"solution like John J. did.  I believe someone (a company)
> is selling a kit that moves the brake light switch to inside the car,
> and eliminates the hydraulic switches altogether.

Yeah, I've long dreamed of a setup that took hydraulic pressure out of
the equation, but I haven't been able to come up with an elegant
way to do that.

I remember seeing something made by the unique-parts.com guy, but I
can't find it on his website anymore.  Do you have a link to the product
you're thinking of?  From what I recall, the kit they were selling
required drilling holes in the body in order to mount a rather bulky
bracket, which is a pretty big deterrent in my mind.

What's your setup like, Keith?  Got any pictures?

Soren