[T3] Trouble home from Bugorama

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Fri Nov 6 17:47:47 PST 2015

They guy who did the align bore of the engine in my 71 told me at the time
to torque the heads to 40 ft lbs, and if they studs didnt pull loose they
did not need case savers.  (returning them to correct torque for the
assembly)  That was nearly 25 years and 150Kmi ago, that case has close to
250K on it now and they are still tight.

I think the studs coming loose is more of an issue if the engine has been
overheated at some point.

Keith

Topnotch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com