[T3] Trouble home from Bugorama

Jacob Adam Schroeder jacob.schroeder at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 10:17:55 PST 2015

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 4:31 PM, Keith Park <topnotch at nycap.rr.com> wrote:

> That looks rather rich, if your gas mileage was low that would explain it.
> that one side of the head is leaking rather badly at the seal, either it
> wasnt lapped in properly or torqued right or maybe a stud is pulling?

My gas mileage was fairly low.  Oddly enough, it was low before this most
recent rebuild and low afterwards, suggesting that I have a problem in my
FI system somewhere.  Once I get an engine again I will try to figure out
the FI problem.

The studs looked OK and I did not detect any twist in them as I was
removing the cylinder head nuts.  If the stud was pulling, is that
something I would easily notice?

I also noticed the leak.  It appears that I was leaking out of cylinder 2
(the one with the burned valve) and (if I am looking at this right)
cylinder 4--both to the rear of the engine.