[T3] Trouble home from Bugorama

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Nov 6 20:32:40 PST 2015

On 6 Nov 2015 at 10:17, Jacob Adam Schroeder wrote:

> My gas mileage was fairly low.  Oddly enough, it was low before this most
> recent rebuild and low afterwards, suggesting that I have a problem in my
> FI system somewhere.  Once I get an engine again I will try to figure out
> the FI problem.

On '70-1 check to see if there is a serious leak (broken diaphram) in
the pressure sensor. On all FI cars, check to make sure the charging
system puts the system voltage up to 14.1-14.4 V at medium rpms and
higher.

And, of course, make sure that the fuel pressure is 28 psi for '68-9
or 30 psi for the later years.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org