[T3] Shock Absorbers - Rear

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 15:11:44 PDT 2015

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

Jeremy --
Good suggestions of various brands.  Over the winter, when we're in Texas,
I'll have time to research.

Dave --
Yes the resistance in compression and extension is still good.  Both Jim &
I are trying to track down a source for the bushing.  Something in the
Super Beetle parts may work.  Jim thought that the Bug may use the same
shock.  Jim and I think replacing both shocks is probably the way to go.

Bob --
Contacting Tram via The Samba will be when I get to Texas.  Having Part
Numbers would really help.  The numbers on the shock are very readable, but
there in absolutely no manufacturers name anywhere.  But they are U.S.A.
made.

Adriel --
The links you provided with illustrations and verbiage about shocks, more
than "paid for" the camping book that I sent you a couple of years ago.

Jim --
The links that Adriel included in his response, has a lot of  good detailed
illustrations (now you don't have to do a drawing.  :-)) and written
descriptions about how a shock works.  It's great information for all of us
on The List.

Maybe with all of these contributions, we'll find a good source for just
the correct shock.

Gary
--
Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT