[T3] Total Lunar Eclipse

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun Sep 27 20:31:46 PDT 2015

In a message dated 9/27/2015 11:10:55 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

Just got  in from looking at the moon tonight: We've got a total Lunar
eclipse, and  it's happening when the moon is at its closest approach
to the earth. This  is called a "Super Moon" so what we've got is a
total eclipse of a Super  Moon. If you're anywhere from the US
mid-plains east to central Europe,  you should take a look, now. If
your sky is clear, you get to see it,  too.

Melissa says this is the last one we're likely to see  in our
lifetimes. Around the world these are fairly common, but there  won't
be another one visible from this part of the Earth until something
like 2033.

Yup, we've been watching it since about 7:30, Started out as a large
"white" moon, then started changing to orange, and now the bottom is going back
"white". Pretty cool to see. I don't know if I was able to see it back in
1982  or not (might have been too cloudy). We had a bunch of clouds moving in
earlier,  but they passed quickly.

Bob 65 Notch  with sunroof