[T3] Temp sensor and MPS problems on new motor

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Sun Feb 21 19:11:38 PST 2016

The cam was in a T4 non-stock engine.  You can go mild cam with D jet, but
it requires careful tuning, not sure if the early or late pressure sensors
have enough adjustment opportunities to handle another cam tough but you
DONT want to run a lightened flywheel with the D version of the T3 D jet.

Idle mixture in the T3 is the issue to change, in the T4 version of the D
type FI you can adjust it and really get things working nicely with a
non-stock setup, the late T3 FI (E type) doesnt have this but does have the
5 signal generators which elminate the speed transition problems at 1200 and
1800 RPM.  I may have to dig into the control unit to add an adjustment when
I put the T4 motor back in the square again.  wont know till its up and
adjusted to see where the idle mixture is, fortunatly its not critical, but
the ethanol REALLY changes things and that may be the clincher.

I have a buddy with a modern closed-loop Dodge Challenger SRT8 that wont run
properly without Nontenol in it, the NY gas is outside the range of its self
adjustment.

Keith'

Topnotch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com