[T3] Question about D jet idle issues 73 T3

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Thu Jan 28 16:26:43 PST 2016

Thank you Jim:

 I decided to plug the IAD sensor back in and let it warm up and set the
Idle so it was 1,000 RPM in drive. I also checked the HTC wire and it's
nowhere near # 3 wire. Had the timing light connected it was righ at 5 BTDC
and brought the RPM up and it advanced smoothly and then dropped right back
to 5 BTDC.

 I also checked with the timing light on each wire and each one was a steady
flashing.

  I still hear this erratic miss in park but not as bad as it was with the
other MAP I had in it. I set the parking brake put it in drive so I had a
load of sorts Idle was @ 850 RPM and then listened and felt the exhaust and
it was steady and heard no miss.

 I did hear popping out the exhaust in park no load if I brought the RPM up
and released it yet not as bad as with the other MAP.

 Tomarrow I drive it and see how it acts.

 Jim if you let me know what the new runner boots cost for 4 I would like to
get them . I hope the intake gaskets are ok as far as the plastic spacer I
can get new gasket material to place on both sides. The reason I want to
check the oil cooler seals and also the fins in case they are partly plugged
and also set the Flap rod as you suggested. the stat does work .

 William