[T3] Rear deck engine seal

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Tue Jun 7 20:06:01 PDT 2016

In a message dated 6/7/2016 7:48:23 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
swaffordvw at cinci.rr.com writes:

I have  like a 16 inch stinger coming out of the back with no baffle. So
its not  far from the rear of the car. but the heat exchangers are there.
just not  hooked up. so ill check out that deck seal as well as block the
open area  under the back seat. I have to re install the pipes and dont
drive it in  the winter so I just dont use heat what so ever... Its just
my toy... But  always good to know when you havent dove in to repairing
things and its  been years! Thanks guys!

Chris537

Chris, Is this a Squareback? If so, is the upper rubber seal (above  the
latch) in place? If not, that can be a source for your exhaust fumes. That
seal needs to be in place.

Bob 65 Notch  S with Sunroof