[T3] 412 Brake Caliper Question

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Mon Mar 14 14:06:45 PDT 2016

 Thanks Bob and Jim :

  When I added the 6 pints I only drove it for three miles and the fluid
felt pretty hot , Bentley says warm what ever that means. Haynes says less
fluid 5 pints 4 oz for a service fill and 11.2 oz  from low to high mark .
bentley has it at 6 pint's 5 oz and 13.5 oz low to high mark.

  With 6 pint's and after the 3 mile drive fluid pretty warm since it was a
hot day all the fluid in the filler tube must have drained down and I saw
only fluid the width of the stick to the first mark . I added the 5 oz per
Bentley and let the engine running and shifted through drive and reverse
several times and waited a good 30 minutes and the level was just a bit
above the lower mark . Then I added 3 more oz and did the same shifting D
and R engine still running and only then was the fluid filling the upper
mark and across the entire stick and a slight wipe above the upper mark .

 It's pretty rare for me to do freeway driving to get it really hot . I have
no reason to get on the freeway here since it's madness on our freeways ,
lucky it you can run 50 MPH or 60 for more than 10 minutes.

 I feel better with the fluid at the high mark . I really need to pour
what's left of the trans fluid in that gallon container since reading the
sort of clear level indicator on the container is not easy . I will pour
what's left in a measuring cup to see how much I really put in there. From
what I could tell I put 7 pints total which is 11 oz more than the 6 pint's
5 oz. . Then again if I knew where the 6 pint's 5 oz put's the level on the
stick trans hot it would make more sense.

William