[T3] Bad day at the (FI) office

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Tue Mar 15 08:27:36 PDT 2016

In a message dated 3/15/2016 10:44:54 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
sjbartnik at mac.com writes:

Bob,
It seemed to me to be evenly underpowered throughout the  range.  It really
did feel like the gas pedal travel was  insufficient.  I noted afterward
that part of his carpet kit was popping  up from the footrest and may have
been contributing to that feeling.  His  at full throttle felt like mine at 3/4
throttle.
That almost sounds like a timing issue (the thru out the range,  possibly
even a frozen mechanical advance). But other than the lack of throttle
travel, did it feel similar to your own car? I only say that, as the FI should
be better from initial take off.
However, since it's running pig rich (15mpg really??), that might be  a
good part of the problem. My dual carb Notch never got that bad of mileage,
even running thru the hills of Missouri @80+ mph. :O

Bob 65 Notch  with sunroof