[T3] Bad day at the (FI) office

Daniel Nohejl d.nohejl at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 18:46:32 PDT 2016

Thanks, Jim! I look forward to the box of brains and the edge connector.

I was wondering this evening about power supply both to the brain and to/from the relay under the back seat. Perhaps I should also check the ground and power connections there. But would intermittent failure of power or ground cause the motor to stall or to blink/hiccup like it currently does?

I don’t know if it’s relevant, but I installed the fuel pump prime switch/button on Sunday and we’re running the switch off the bottom of fuse #8, the red 16 amp fuse for the wiper motor. Of course my issue exists even with the wipers off, but I figured I’d put it out there in case using that fuse sends up a red flag for anyone.

We had little energy left for testing after work today but we found that with the pedal floored, we’re maybe 10*-20* off from full throttle as seen here

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=1478218 <http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=1478218>

I pulled the cable further through the barrel clamp and now it’s 100% open though I’m at the last bit of metal on the cable end to clamp down on before the cable itself. If it matters, this is the same cable the car came to us with 4 years ago and for all I know it’s original to the car. I’ve yet to examine the throttle Bowden tube or anything else.

I haven’t driven it yet and won’t be taking it to work tomorrow as I can’t afford to be late in the event of an issue so this is where we’re at for now.

Daniel