[T3] My final question about the auto trans fluid level.

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Wed Mar 23 11:55:37 PDT 2016

 Thanks Bob I'll try that just to rule out why I see fluid only on the side
with the marks.

 As many times as I've pulled this stick out I can't remember but I think
the stick above the mark has the flat side touching the tube top and bottom
since the loop handle is part of the actual stick , then as I pull it out it
seems to rotate CCW with the marks facing up or perhaps I rotate it so not
to wipe the fluid off the marks and in doing so it may wipe the none marked
side as I pull it out. There must be a reason the stick has the 90 degree
twist in it about 3/4" above the high mark . Most cars I've worked on the
stick was flat the entire length. It makes sense that the unmarked side
would drag against the bottom curve of the tube and wipe the fluid off that
side and the twist was designed in to keep the read end off the tube's
inside so the stick rides on it's edge .

William