[T3] Invasion Prep!

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Thu May 5 19:13:18 PDT 2016

On 5 May 2016 at 20:09, Keith Park wrote:

> ahh, but Jim, do you have brake LIGHTS?  ;-)
> Yea, the DOT5 is the only way the brakes would still be working properly.

I don't know about the brake LIGHTS, but when I was under the front
end I discovered that one of the brake light switches wasn't even
connected. The connector was floating off to one side, with a partly
melted plastic housing. Something else to fix...

> Id be really surprised if you didnt have to really clean out that fuel
> system and replace all the injectors, gas was starting to get bad in 2002,
> but I dont think it was ethanol yet.  Ive delt with cars that hadnt been
> stored that long which had stuff floating around in the gas tank it was so
> bad.

The gas is completely fluid, but the smell is awful. I'll dilute it
with some fresh stuff, plus some injector cleaner, before I try to
circulate it anywhere.

> Im sure the 69 is all giddy about being back on the road again!

She's not "on the road" yet. Stay tuned for that.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org