[T3] I want to change my brake fluid it's been a while? 73 SB

Jim Adney jadney at VWType3.org
Fri May 13 22:34:07 PDT 2016

On 14 May 2016 at 1:28, 73 squareback Cincy wrote:

> Nice you guys are talking about this. my rear pretty much brand new but
> old wheel cylinder is leaking and gonna have to replace it. on a dual
> circuit setup.

By far, the easiest way to deal with this, as long as you can get the
bleeder valve loose, is to simply rebuild it in place. The price of a
hone is less than a new cylinder and you can use it many times.

I frequently hone those cylinders, clean up the old parts and just
put them back together. Saves time and money, but if you need kits or
a rebuilt cylinder, I have them.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org