[T3] I want to change my brake fluid it's been a while? 73 SB

William J catnine09 at dslextreme.com
Sat May 14 14:41:09 PDT 2016

 What concerns me a bit is the master cylinder is the one one this car since
I got it in 85 . It has always worked and never gave me issues . Thought
about rebuilding it yet there is the cost of a kit $25 from rock auto and
then taking it out to do it.

 So far all I have done through the years is replace the pads once and the
rear shoes twice since I tried to rebuild the rear wheel cylinders which
were original and didn't have rust yet even light honing one managed to leak
so I replaced both in 98 or 99 . I also replaced the front hoses around that
time.

 Never had the caliper's apart they never stuck and always worked and the
outer seals were not cracked . I've bleed it a few times but never drained
it yet the fluid was not rusty yet I bleed it until clear fluid came out .
Had help back then.

 I just never read the Bentley enough in the brake section to see the part
about changing fluid every two years . I just hope I have not ruined
anything by not doing so. I do have a solid pedal and always have so it
seems like everything is ok . I don't see how replacing the fluid will make
anything worse even though it seems like a job doing it by myself. Last
month I replaced the tie rod ends because I had 2 1/2" of play and built my
own tools to do the alignment and center the wheel parts alone cost me $85.
Now I just spent $35 for pads and fluid and some hose. This may not seem
much to many yet for me it makes a lot of difference .