[T3] Speedometer Nonsense

Daniel Nohejl d.nohejl at gmail.com
Sat May 21 04:46:48 PDT 2016

> It seems unlikely that you're doing the same wrong thing with your
> cable installation and adjustment every time you go thru this, so I
> suspect there's something wrong with your speedo. If you've never had
> anyone else look at your speedo, you should probably send it to me to
> work over. There are some subtle things that can go bad that you're
> not likely to spot yourself.

Yes, that would be great, but like I think we’ve talked about before, I don’t want to drive around without a speedometer. I guess I could park the car for a few days, but public transportation  extends my commute from 35 mins to 1 hr and 20 mins. Maybe I could next day it to you and have you next day it back? Or I could buy one of yours? Here’s what mine looks like. I know it’s not generally advisable to take pics while driving, but I thought 90k miles was an occasion of sorts :)  Anyway, just a small rust spot between 40 and 45 and a tiny one below and left of the VDO. If you have a rebuilt one comparable to mine, I might as well go that route.

http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1507207.jpg <http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1507207.jpg>

William….I feel like we’ve tried enough cables that we can probably safely eliminate it from consideration. Plus, the little bit of cable I have left from a busted one isn’t really fit for purpose.