[T3] Horn

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 17:10:35 PDT 2016

My '69 MT, FI, original (one owner) Square suffered a "No Horn disease",
this summer too.
In several conversations with Jim A. and me, he told me: *"None of the
horns on my four (4)  Type 3's work, either."*

*​*As many of y'all know, I'm a "stocker" (whenever possible) that expects
everything on my 47+ year-old car to function properly.  Including the
horn.

Jim, as well as Bob H., have helped me immensely in the endeavor to R&R my
car since 2010.

Jim suspects the non-working horn problem to be around the Steering Coupler
area.  But the best way to access that area, is to remove the fuel tank.
According to Jim:  *"A lot of work, for a small reward."*

When the Square comes out of the 2016/17 winter, "long sleep" in May,  when
we return from Texas to Wisconsin, I just may tackle the problem while I
have an area in the hanger of

   - good area of blacktop, where it's parked and
   - a roof over my head.

The front seats are out of the car right now.  My upholsterer in Fond du
Lac, WI (United Auto Trim) is waiting for JBugs & TMI to build and deliver
the "correct" Chocolate Brown, basket weave and smooth vinyl seat covers
for the seat bottoms and backrests.

More to come.*​*

--
Gary "Frito" - '69 Squareback, FI, MT, One-owner
Rockport, TX (winter)