[T3] Alignment

dlstiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Sat Nov 19 12:01:59 PST 2016

On 2016-11-19 11:55, Daniel Nohejl wrote:
> I seem to recall reading that rear sag changes camber and that
> reindexing the torsion arms can fix it. Does anyone know how many
> degrees the rear angle is supposed to be? 23* comes to mind but I
> don’t know where I got that from.
>
> Also, I got an alignment about 5 months ago and there was a
> significant change in rear camber from before to after if you look at
> this sheet.
>
> http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1526139.jpg
>
> I’m not sure if the toe adjustment has any effect on camber or if they
> had the tires filled to the wrong pressures or what but the change is
> there. On the other hand, the passenger rear tire more or less
> disintegrated 12k miles later so who knows what they did…..
>
> http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1572782.jpg

We put torsion bars out of a square when we restored it a few years ago
so the back sits a little higher than it did before. The tires haven't
worn that bad as in that picture yet. I usually run my air pressure
about 20 PSI in the front and 28 PSI in the rear. That seems to have
worked best for me over the years.

Dennis