[T3] Alignment

Daniel Nohejl d.nohejl at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 09:55:57 PST 2016

I seem to recall reading that rear sag changes camber and that reindexing the torsion arms can fix it. Does anyone know how many degrees the rear angle is supposed to be? 23* comes to mind but I don’t know where I got that from.

Also, I got an alignment about 5 months ago and there was a significant change in rear camber from before to after if you look at this sheet.

http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1526139.jpg

I’m not sure if the toe adjustment has any effect on camber or if they had the tires filled to the wrong pressures or what but the change is there. On the other hand, the passenger rear tire more or less disintegrated 12k miles later so who knows what they did…..

http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1572782.jpg