[T3] FI harness repair

Daniel Nohejl d.nohejl at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 13:57:36 PST 2016

So we were changing the spark plugs today and in the process the boot came off the number 3 injector plug and I noticed this was happening to the wires. Given the location, it was hard to get a great picture and in person it looks worse than this

http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1579456.jpg

Not sure why they’re fraying like that, but they are. So my question is: what’s the best way to proceed here? I have several mini female connectors that I purchase off of Jim but I wonder if I might wind up loosing too much wire after snipping the old connectors off and stripping back the wire. Wouldn’t this cause the harness to pull/tug on the #3 connector?

Alternatively, I have new plugs like this though using one would obviously require a butt connector of some kind.

http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1554155.jpg <http://images.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/1554155.jpg>

What would be the best move here?

Daniel