[T3] Carb issue

William Sills w_sills at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 3 16:29:38 PDT 2016

Hey all, I have a 64 notch s. Had the car for a while now, and has been one of the most reliable in my fleet. I took the car to the Flanders show a few weeks ago. Camped out on Sat., and had a very tough time getting it to start on Sunday morning to drive to the show field. This was very unusual for this car. When it was time to leave I found that the car did not want to idle. Also a first for this car. Fast forward... After some diag work I found that if the idle jet on the 3/4 side carb is seated fully the car won't idle, backed out very slightly it will. Someone had put a rubber washer on the jet, presumably to keep it in place, while slightly loose as a band-aid. I took the carb apart, cleaned out all the jets, made sure the passages are not clogged, and a good look over. I cannot find anything out of place. I have swapped the idle jets between the carbs and the problem stays with the left side carb. This one has me stumped. Any thoughts on what could be wrong in the carb that would cause this?  Thanks, Bill.

Sent from my iPhone